Widows of Substance provides a support system for widows. Our vision is to create a strong network of widows. We seek to empower our members through shared experiences. We open the door to a new world for widows, ensuring they do not go through their experience alone, but with life-long connections and lasting support.
Our non-denominational organization looks to assist widowed women, married or unmarried, who have lost their partner and are looking to find hope for a brighter day.
Why do we work with widows?
Some of the challenges faced by widows include:
- Grief and Trauma
- Inheritance Issues
- Accusations that they killed their husbands for financial gain
- Wife Inheritance
How we support Widows of Substance members?
- We have created an online Facebook group which has 74 members and a Whatsapp group with 31 members.
- Members are writing their stories for our book Widows of Substance, our stories of resilience. 25 stories have been shared on the Facebook group so far.
- The book is to bring awareness to issues around Widowhood, and for society to know how they can support Widows.
- We are fundraising for a fund to enable Widows to start income-generating projects for them to support their families